Could you volunteer your time and help to improve the health and wellbeing of your local community?
If you would like to:
- Gain new skills and experience
- Boost your confidence and make new friends
- Work with your local GP practice for the benefit of the local community
- Encourage others to live a healthy lifestyle
... then becoming a Practice Champion volunteer for Shiregreen Medical Centre could be the role for you!
Practice Champions are local people who voluntarily give their time to work with the staff and patients of their local GP practice. Their goal is to find new ways to improve the uptake of services offered by the practice and to help meet the health needs of the patients and the wider community.
This could be achieved by:
- Setting up activity and support groups
- Signposting patients to local support groups and health services.
- Befriending patients and accompanying them to local appointments and activities
- Joining the Patient Participation Group
Examples of activities may involve:
- Setting up a craft group or coffee morning for people who are socially isolated
- Setting up a walking group to improve fitness, and to allow people to become familiar with local walking routes
- Helping non-English speakers to become familiar with local services and help them to become more involved in their local community.
A full role description is available here: Practice Champion Role Description.
If you would like any further information or wish to become a Practice Champion for Shiregreen Medical Centre please contact either:
Helen Warren (Senior Volunteer Development Worker)
Soar Works on: 0114 2134065 or email at email@example.com
Rachel Kershaw (Practice Manager)
Shiregreen Medical Centre on: 0114 2456123 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org